SOUTHWEST AIRLINES BAGGAGE POLICY
The Southwest Airlines baggage policy for regular basic fares include the following:
- » Carry-on baggage: one personal item and one carry-on item for free
- » Checked/ hold luggage
- » Overweight and oversize baggage
- » Sports equipment
SOUTHWEST AIRLINES CARRY-ON BAGGAGE POLICY
Following doesn’t count as personal item:
- » Passengers travelling in Southwest Airlines have an authority to carry one personal item and one carry-on bag for free.
- » A personal item can be a briefcase, backpack, purse, laptop bag, etc.
- » The maximum dimensions of a personal item should be 18.5*13.5*8.5 inches or 47*34.3*22 cm and must fit under the set in front of you.
- » The maximum dimension of the carry-on bag should be 50 linear inches (24*16*10) or 127 centimetres (61*41*28) including handles and wheels.
- » Carry-on baggage should fit in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you.
- » Food for consumption in disposable packaging carried during the flight journey.
- » Assistive/ mobility devices for individuals with a disability.
- » A child restraint device for a ticketed child with a reserved seat.
- » Outer garments or other wearable clothing.
- » Umbrellas or walking canes.
SOUTHWEST AIRLINES CHECKED/ HOLD LUGGAGE POLICY
- » Southwest Airlines allows its passengers to carry only 2 free checked bags for all fares.
- » Maximum dimension of checked/ hold luggage should be 62 linear inches or 157 centimetres (length+ width+ height).
- » Maximum weight of checked luggage should be 50 pounds or 23 kg.
SOUTHWEST AIRLINES BAGGAGE FEES
- » Southwest Airlines charges an extra fee if you want to check more than two bags. The first two bags checked are fee-free.
- » If a passenger is an active US military personnel, then extra bags may be checked for free.
- » An extra fee of $75 per bag is charged for the third bag or any additional bag.
OVERWEIGHT BAGGAGE POLICY OF SOUTHWEST AIRLINES
- » Southwest Airlines charges an extra fee for all the bags that are more than required dimension and weight.
- » The standard checked baggage should not be more than 50 pounds or 23 kg. Customers have to pay an additional fee for all the bags weighing more than 50 pounds.
- » A fee of $75 per bag is charged for all the bags weighing between 51-100 pounds or 24-46 kg.
- » Bags exceeding 46 kg or 100 pounds will not be accepted as checked baggage or hold luggage.
OVERSIZE BAGGAGE POLICY OF SOUTHWEST AIRLINES
- » Passengers need to pay an extra fee for the bags greater than 62 linear inches or 157 centimetres.
- » A fee of $75 per bag is charged for the bags that are from 63 to 115 linear inches or from 158 to 292 centimetres.
- » Bags greater than 115 linear inches or 292 centimetres will not be accepted as checked baggage or hold luggage.
FEES FOR SPORTS EQUIPMENT ON SOUTHWEST AIRLINES
Sports equipment such as golf bags, skis, hockey, fishing equipment, etc. will be accepted and will be considered as a checked bag or hold baggage. Applicable fees might be applied. Before making reservations with Southwest airlines visit Southwest airlines official site and read it's policies thoroughly and make your journey hassle free. For any doubt or query call southwest airlines reservations number and get the solution.