How long does it take southwest airlines to refund money?
Cancelling flight tickets due to some uncertain situation can be a tough and frustrating task. Southwest Airlines allows you to cancel your flight tickets and get an easy refund. Due to COVID-19 pandemic, Southwest Airlines has slashed their schedules and parked large parts of their fleets, leading to several flight cancellations and significant schedule changes. Due to fear of this dangerous disease, many passengers are cancelling and postponing upcoming travel.
Southwest Airlines Refund Processing Time
Southwest Airlines is the famous carrier that never imposes flight change or cancellation fees. The value of the flight ticket will be stored in credit if a customer selects to make voluntary changes to their travel. While making Southwest Airlines Reservations, you can select the type of tickets i.e. refundable or non-refundable tickets. For making hassle-free flight changes or cancellations and for easy refunds, must-visit Southwest Airlines Official Site. You can easily manage your flight bookings by clicking on the option “manage flight”, available on the homepage of Southwest Airlines Official Site.
With Southwest Airlines, the refund process is taking anywhere from 5 to 30 days according to research. To get a refund on cancellation totally depends on that from where you’ve purchased a ticket. You can request for a refund on the official site of Southwest Airlines and they will revert you back within or less than 24 hours.
Steps to Cancel and Check if You’re Eligible for Refunds
- Visit Southwest Airlines Official Site.
- Go on “manage bookings” option
- Enter all the required details like confirmation number, name, etc.
- See any available travel funds or refundable balances is attached to the confirmation number that is entered
- If you’ve refundable value remaining, you can choose to receive a refund to the original form of payment to change the fare into Travel funds.
- Click on the option “cancel flight”
- Travel funds are available for use immediately
- If you used your Rapid Rewards number while making Southwest Airlines Reservations, then your travel funds will be automatically added to your Southwest Airlines account.
Check out more:
- Southwest Airlines Cancellation
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Program
- Southwest Airlines Open Middle Seats, Launches Sale, Adds Safety Measures for Customer’s Health
- Southwest Airlines Flight Tracker
- Southwest Airlines baggage policy
- Southwest Airlines Flying with Babies
- Southwest Airlines Flying with Children
- Know About Southwest Airlines
- Southwest Airlines Check-in and Boarding Process
- Southwest Airlines- Enhanced Cleanliness, Social Distancing Measures