Frontier Airlines Pet Policy
Frontier Pets in the Cabin
- Only certain animals are allowed in the cabin. Dogs, cats, rabbits, hamsters, small household birds may be carried on Frontier Airline flights within the United States.
- Large birds, reptiles, amphibians, spiders, insects and other wild animals are not allowed in the cabin.
- In the case of international flights, only domesticated dogs and cats are allowed in the cabin.
- A passenger may not sit in row one or an exit row while travelling with a pet.
- Pet must remain in the travel container throughout the journey.
- Frontier Airlines do not allow you to offer food or any eatable item to your pet during the flight.
- Pet travelling with Frontier Airline flights must be harmless, not disruptive, odourless.
Frontier Pet's Travelling Container
- The pet’s travelling container must be large enough allowing your pet to stand, turn around and lie down in a natural position.
- The carrier must fit under the seat in front of you.
- The pet container should not exceed the dimensions of 18*14*8 inches (length+ width+ height).
- Pet must stay in the container during the whole flight journey.
Pet Reservations With Frontier Airlines
Customers can easily make Frontier Airlines Reservations for pets online through Frontier Airlines Official site. A pet carrier is not included in the carry-on baggage. The fare for pet reservations is $99 each way. A health certificate is not required when travelling with a pet within the United States. Customers require a health certificate for international flights according to the country’s requirements.
Frontier Emotional Support Animals
Emotional Support Animals are animals that are used to support a customer with a physical or mental disability or illness, as certified by a medical professional.
Frontier Pet Health
- The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) regulates the transport of pets within the United States. The pet’s health certificate is not required for domestic flights whereas, for international flights, a health certificate is required.
- A pet’s health certificate must be dated based on a country on entry like within 30 days of entry into Puerto Rico, within 10days of entry into the U.S., within 5 days of entry into Mexico, etc.
- Pet’ health certificate must include name, address of the owner, animal species, destination.
- All dogs and cats being transported to/from Canada require having both rabies vaccination and a health certificate.
Important Guidelines for Pet Health and Wellness on Frontier Airlines flights:
Pet travel may be a bit challenging when it comes to going on a flight. It may invite some confusion related to the proper guidelines to be followed while doing an air trip. Worry not! Frontier Airlines pet policy helps you to make your flight journey perfect in every sense.
A pet health certificate is required for every international travel. Each country has a certain set of vaccination requirements and guidelines listed here. You may get necessary information regarding other diseases for which your pet must be vaccinated through consulates.
- You can carry domesticated pets including dogs, rabbits, cats, hamsters, and domestic birds, on a flight for one way at an affordable cost.
- You are required to carry a vaccination certificate of your pet and make sure that you have recently checked the health of your furry buddy.
- The pet health certificate must be dated based on the country on entry:
- Within 30 days into Puerto Rico
- Within 10 days into the U.S.
- Within 15 days in the Dominican Republic
- Within 14 days into Costa Rica
- Within 5 days into Mexico
- The pet health certificate must include:
- Name and address of the owner
- Animal species
- Country/airport of origin/destination
- Immunization against rabies within 12 months for adult pets at least 3 months of age for all destinations except Costa Rica and Puerto Rico.
- Costa Rica defines adult pets as at least 4 months of age. Puerto Rico also defines adult pets as at least 4 months of age and requires immunization against rabies within 6 months
- Also, note that the immunization must be administered within one year and no less than 30 days prior to international travel. If a pet is administered with a rabies booster less than thirty days before an international flight, proof of the prior rabies shot is required.
Frontier Airlines flight booking offers a simple and generous pet policy. It assures a quality and convenient flight experience while traveling with a pet animal. To avoid confusion and unnecessary hassles on a flight journey with your pet, go through the above guidelines for pet travel.
How Can I Include Pets in Frontier Flight Reservation
Passengers can book their flight ticket with their pet online through Frontier’s website or mobile app. Moreover, you can dial the customer care number to reserve a pet online with your flight. The airline will consider the pet an extra individual and may ask for specific charges.
Frontier Airlines Pet Reservation Online
Booking an air ticket with your pet is similar to booking luggage through Manage My trip section. You can easily make a pet reservation for your flight. Explore the authentic website flyfrontier.com and act as per the guidelines:-
- Get back your flight reservation with the booking reference code and last name on the Manage My Trip Menu.
- Next, follow the ‘Add Pet’ URL. Here is a copy of the form that you can download and fill out.
- Make a payment of demanded charges.
- Also, upload fitness certificates and other medical information as demanded by the airlines.
- The website will generate a Tag ID for your pet.
- The airline may take 1 business day to approve your application. An airline representative will ring you to finish the application.
Frontier Airlines Pet Reservation over the Call
- Please open the authentic website of Frontier Airlines
- Now locate the customer care number highlighted on the website
- Pick your Smartphone and ring the mentioned number
- The representative will pick up the call and ask for a vaccine certificate
- Submit necessary documents, including vaccine and health certificate, via email
- Now make payment of necessary charges according to the pet policy
- The request may take at least 1 working day to get approval
If your flight is earlier than 24 hrs, we recommend adding your pet reservation at the terminal window.
Frontier Airlines Pet Reservation at the Airport terminal
For adding your pet to your flight reservation at the airport, please reach here a minimum of 4 hrs before the flight leaves.
- Go to the airport window, where you can add the pet.
- Get the form for the pet addition and fill it out carefully with the correct details.
- Submit the necessary documents, certificate, and health credentials of the pet
- Now make payment of necessary fees as per Airline Pet Policy
- Show your pet at the security check for monitoring and checkups
Important note: Please ensure that your pet carrier is not leaking because wet ones are not allowed. Passengers must carry the pet in the pet carrier during the boarding and landing.
Traveling with your pet on Frontier Airlines
If you wish to fly with your pet, it will come with nominal charges. Frontier Airlines will demand 99 dollars for a pet traveling with you in the cabin. Though there is no maximum limit mentioned of pets permitted in the cabin, every passenger can bring one pet. Users can add pets to their flight during the reservation, whether offline or online.
The Pet Carrier Specifications For Frontier Airlines
Pet crates must lay underneath the seats next to you if transported on a Frontier Airlines trip. But according to the Frontier pet rule, pet carriers can only be 18 inches long, 14 inches broad, and 8 inches in height. If the pet container falls in these parameters, but you sit in a seat too small, Frontier will move you to a seat that can accommodate your animal.
Make sure your pet can stand, move around, and normally sleep in the pet carrier. While choosing the pet carrier, make sure it is comfortable.
Traveling with a pet on a frontier flight may go beyond dogs and cats. But some animals are prohibited by the airlines. So before going with a pet, you must be confident that your pet is peaceful, nonviolent, healthy, and harmless to fellow passengers. Moreover, according to the frontier pet policy, big dogs are not allowed to fly because they cannot fit in the carrier.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ's)
Frontier allows small and domesticated dogs, cats, hamsters, and small household birds to travel on its flights. The airlines charge $99 as Frontier pet fees. After paying this pet travel fee, you will be allowed to travel with your pet on Frontier flights.
- The pet carrier must be large enough for the pet to stand and lie down comfortably.
- It must fit smoothly underneath the seat in front of you.
- Maximum dimensions allowed for a pet container are 18" (L) x 14" (W) x 8" (H).
- You are allowed either a personal item OR a carry-on bag on the flight, but an additional fee will be applied for the carry-on bag.
- Frontier Pet travel must be complying with applicable laws, customs, and other governmental regulations or restrictions of the country or state to which the animal is being transported.
- Must have required health documents.
- Make reservations in advance as more than ten pet containers will not be accepted per flight, and no more than one pet container must be carried per person.
- The Service Animal Air Transportation Form must be submitted to the airport authority before traveling (to validate the dog's training, behavior, and health) on Frontier flights.
- The form should be submitted online within the minimum time of 48 hours prior to scheduled departure. You can also hand over a copy to a Frontier Customer Service Agent at the airport.
- For flights exceeding traveling duration 8 hours, you need to submit a U.S. DOT Service Animal Relief Attestation Form.
Frontier has stopped free flight bookings for emotional support animals (ESAN) following the U.S. Department of Transportation's guidelines from February 1, 2021. If you want to travel with an emotional support animal, you will have to pay for the travel complying with Frontier Airlines' Pet policy.
Check out other posts:
- Frontier Airlines Seat Selection
- Frontier Airlines $39 Flights
- How do I change my Flight with Frontier Airlines?
- How do I manage my Flight with Frontier Airlines?
- Frontier Airlines Name Change Policy
- Frontier Airlines Cancellation
- Frontier Airlines Check-in Options
- How to Talk to a Person at Frontier Airlines?
- Frontier Airlines Baggage Fees
- Frontier Airlines Group Travel
- 7 Things to Know Before You Fly with Frontier Airlines
- Is Frontier Airlines Still Flying?
- 6 Things You Should Know Before Flying With Frontier Airlines
- How Can I Check Frontier Airline Flight Booking Online?
- Is Booking a Frontier Airlines ticket worth Spending?
- How Flying with Frontier Airlines Brings Lots of Benefits to Passengers
- How to Do Frontier Airlines Same Day Flight Change?
- Frontier Airlines Flight Status