Baggge Fees Guide of Frontier Airlines (Carry on, Checked, Military)
Frontier Airlines is a low-cost regional carrier of the United States and is known for its excellent inflight services, brilliant inflight services, and efficient customer services. Apart from these, Frontier has a generous baggage policy that allows customer to take their favorite items on board without any hassle. Frontier's baggage policy is easy to go in many ways.
- » Carry-on baggage should not be larger than 24” H* 16” W* 10” D, including wheels, handles and straps.
- » The maximum weight of carry-on should be 35 pounds.
- » It must fit the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you.
- » The fares of carry-on baggage vary based on the date of original purchases and are non-refundable.
- » Frontier Miles Elite members and passengers always enjoy the benefit of free carry-on baggage in addition to their personal item.
- » In case of any carry-on baggage exceeding the required dimension or weight, an extra fee is charged.
Other Carry-on Items
- » Coats, diaper bags, canes, crutches, portable oxygen concentrators, respiratory devices or any other assistive device are free to carry on along with one personal item.
- » Weapons, explosives, incendiaries are not allowed.
- » The maximum dimension of checked baggage should be 62 linear inches (length+ width+ height).
- » The weight of a checked bag should not be more than 50 pounds.
- » An extra fee of $75 per bag will be charged for all the bags exceeding maximum dimension or weight.
- » Bags weighing more than 100 lbs and over 110 linear inches will not be accepted.
- » All the passengers who have purchased the WORKS can enjoy the benefit of free checked baggage.
- » The fares of checked baggage vary based on the date of original purchases and are non-refundable.
- » Frontier Airlines recommends not lock the bags as they must open easily for a quick inspection.
- » Do not pack cash, jewellery, medications, car keys, important documents in your checked baggage.
- » Frontier Airlines do not allow you to carry spare lithium-ion batteries or e-cigarettes.
- » Passengers can check their bags up to 2 hours before the scheduled flight departure.
- » For domestic flights, your baggage must be checked no later than 45 minutes before scheduled flight departure.
- » For international flights, your baggage must be checked no later than 60 minutes before scheduled flight departure.
- » For anything that won’t fit in your suitcase or need special handling, please visit the Frontier Airlines Official Site for a breakdown and how you can travel with different items.
- » The regular rules like dimension, weight and price for carry-on and checked baggage apply to everything.
Firearms and Ammunition
- » Firearms and ammunition and firearm parts may be transported by the passenger having an age of 18 years or older in a checked bag on domestic flights within the US, but are not allowed to be carried in a flight.
- » Neither firearms nor ammunition are allowed in international flights.
- » One passenger is allowed to check up to 11 pounds of ammunition.
Damaged and Lost Baggage
- » If your baggage is damaged or lost before you leave the airport, be sure to report it.
- » All claims for damaged or lost baggage must be made within 4 hours of your flight’s arrival with an agent at the arrival destination.
- » If your bag is damaged, report the damage within 4 hours of arriving at the destination.
- » Show your damaged bag so that agent can determine the liability.
- Frontier Airlines will not be liable for normal wear and tear including scratches, small dents, rips, tears and general dirtiness.
- » In the case of lost baggage, once reported at the airport, a representative will start tracing file.
- » Liability for loss or damage to checked baggage is limited to $3500 per ticketed passenger for domestic flights.
- » Smart bags that have been transported on Frontier Flights, including both carry-on and checked bag must have the lithium battery removed from the bag.
- » The lithium battery should be carried on board as permitted by security regulations.
- » Spare or uninstalled batteries should always be carried in the cabin.
Military Personnel Bags
Frontier Airlines welcomes U.S. military passengers onboard and provides flexibility to their baggage policy.
- » One personal item-free
- » One carry-on bag-free
- » Two checked bags-free
In view of the safety and security of the fellow passengers, Frontier Airlines has restricted items to be carried on board the Frontier flights. The airline suggests customers abide by its rules and policies strictly to ensure a quality inflight experience.
Frontier rejects weapons (or anything that could be used as a weapon), explosives, or incendiaries on its flights without special permission. Go through the list provided by the TSA of permitted and prohibited items which may be included in carry-on baggage.
Frontier Airlines Baggage Fees
- Frontier Airlines allows one personal item per passenger for free on its flights. However, Frontier charges some fees for carry-on luggage.
- Carry-on bag size must not be greater than 10"" x 16"" x 24"" in size and 35lbs in weight.
- Bags exceeding the above measurement must be checked at the gate at $60.
- Frontier's fees for bags weighing up to 50lbs and measuring total 62″ (Length + Width + Height) or less will be charged for the first and second checked bags.
- Checked luggage fees will be between $30 and $55 depending on whether the fee is pre-paid or to be paid at the airport.
- More than three bags per passenger on Frontier Airlines flights will be charged between $85 and $95 per bag.
- Overweight baggage is any bag weighing more than 50lbs.
- The overweight baggage fees on Frontier flights will be charged in addition to any standard, excess, or oversized baggage fees.
- Bags weighing more than 99lbs will not be accepted as checked luggage on Frontier flights.
- The bags with a sum of length, width, and height greater than 62" will be considered oversized luggage.
- The oversized baggage fees on Frontier flights will be charged in addition to any standard, excess, or overweight fee.