Frontier Airlines Baggage Policy, Fees (Carry on, Checked, Military)
Frontier is currently one of the few airlines that charge a fee for standard carry-on bags as well as each checked bag (there are no automatic inclusions). These fees rise over time under Frontier's baggage policy. To save the most money, purchase your carry-on and checked luggage allowances as soon as possible. If you don't know how much money you'll be bringing at the time you buy your ticket, you have until 24 hours before departure to secure the next lowest fare. Remember that baggage fee are applied per one-way trip (you'll pay twice as much round trip).
Carry on Baggage
- If your Frontier carry-on bag fits within the airline's dimensions, you can bring it on board and store it in the overhead bin.
- Carry-on bags must weigh 35 pounds or less and be less than 24 inches tall, 16 inches wide, and 10 inches deep to qualify.
- It's worth noting that baggage fees on Frontier are higher for carry-on bags than they are for checked bags. Most flights have a price difference of only $5 or so.
- As with all Frontier baggage fees, the earlier you book your bags, the less you pay. Carry-on bags are usually $60 when booked at check-in, but if you wait until you get to the airport, the bag will be $79 (or $89 if you have to check it at the boarding gate).
Other Carry-on items
- There is one Frontier bag that is always free, no matter what fare you purchase: It's a personal item.
- On Frontier Airlines, personal items are defined as anything that can fit beneath the seat in front of you.
- Personal item bags can only be 14 inches tall, 18 inches wide, and 8 inches deep, according to Frontier.
- Before leaving for the airport, make sure your bag is the correct size, as paying for a carry-on or checked bag upon arrival at the airport can cost up to $80.
To qualify for those specific baggage fees on Frontier, carry-on bags must be no larger than 24 inches tall, 16 inches wide, and 10 inches deep.
If the bags are small enough to be considered carry-ons, they typically cost around $60 when purchased at the time of flight booking, but are slightly more expensive after that.
Bags weighing more than 100 pounds and measuring more than 110 linear inches will not be accepted. All passengers who have purchased the WORKS are entitled to free checked baggage. Checked baggage fares vary depending on the date of purchase and are non-refundable.
The cheapest way to purchase a carry-on bag from Frontier is to do so while booking your flight.
Frontier accepts all types of sports equipment on its flights like Boogie/Wake Boards, Bowling Equipment, Fencing Equipment, Fishing Equipment, Golf Equipment, Hang gliding Equipment, Hockey Equipment, Kayak and Canoe, Paintball guns, scuba equipment, skates, and skateboards.
Ski boot bags, like most airlines, can be checked together with the ski bag and count as one item as long as the boot bag weighs less than 25 pounds.
Firearms and ammunition
Firearms, ammunition, and firearm parts may be transported in a checked bag by passengers 18 years of age or older on domestic flights in the United States, but cannot be carried on flights. Make sure your firearm and ammunition are in a checked bag to ensure they arrive at their destination. Otherwise, they will be seized by security.
Even if they are in a checked bag, firearms and ammunition are not permitted on international flights.
We take our passengers' and employees' safety and security very seriously. These regulatory requirements are strictly enforced in order to help us keep the environment safe. Violations of these rules may result in criminal prosecution as well as civil penalties of up to $10,000 per violation.
Damage and Lost Baggage
- If your bag is damaged, locate a Frontier representative at the airport and report damage to a checked item within 4 hours of arrival.
- If you are at the airport, show the agent your damaged bag so that liability can be determined. It is critical to remember that, while we will always do our best to assist, we cannot be held liable for normal wear and tear. small dents, rips, Scratches, tears, and general grime and dirt are all included.
- Frontier will not be held liable if your bag was clearly overstuffed beyond its capacity.
- If the agent concludes that Frontier is to blame for the damage, we will proceed with the next steps.
Military Personal Bags
If you are an active duty military member, please bring your military ID with you when you check-in. Frontier Airlines waives baggage fees for active duty, reserve, and national guard service members traveling with one carry-on bag and up to two checked bags.
Even better, the first two checked bags are exempt from oversize and overweight fees if they do not exceed the maximum limits.
Certain items are considered dangerous and are classified as hazardous materials. On all flights, dangerous goods are prohibited in both your carry-on and checked bag. The Federal Aviation Administration mandates these rules, which are not specific to any airline.
Without special permission, Frontier rejects weapons (or anything that could be used as a weapon), explosives, or incendiaries on its flights. Examine the TSA's list of permitted and prohibited items that may be included in carry-on luggage.
Check out other posts:
- Frontier Airlines Seat Selection
- Frontier Airlines $39 Flights
- How do I change my Flight with Frontier Airlines?
- How do I manage my Flight with Frontier Airlines?
- Frontier Airlines Name Change Policy
- Frontier Airlines Cancellation
- Frontier Airlines Check-in Options
- How to Talk to a Person at Frontier Airlines?
- Frontier Airlines Pet Policy
- Frontier Airlines Group Travel
- 7 Things to Know Before You Fly with Frontier Airlines
- Is Frontier Airlines Still Flying?
- 6 Things You Should Know Before Flying With Frontier Airlines
- How Can I Check Frontier Airline Flight Booking Online?
- Is Booking a Frontier Airlines ticket worth Spending?
- How Flying with Frontier Airlines Brings Lots of Benefits to Passengers
- How to Do Frontier Airlines Same Day Flight Change?